Must i first pass the CBR motorcycle theory test before taking motorcycle riding lessons on the road?

Yes; without having passed the CBR motorcycle theory test (category A), you can only follow part one of the training, which is the off-road “AVB” (Algemene Voertuig Beheersing = General Control of the Vehicle). For both part two of the training, the on-road “AVD” (Algemene Verkeers Deelneming = General Traffic Participation) AND the CBR Driving Test, you will have to be in possession of a valid CBR Theory Test Pass Certificate. You can only take this CBR Theory Test at the age of 17; the CBR issues you with a hard copy of your CBR Theory Test Pass Certificate, as when taking riding lessons and the riding test you must hold a valid certificate which you can produce.

Posted in: 4 Riding lessons


E-mail :
Office : (020) 449 04 97
Mobile : +31(0)653817695

Questions & Answers

Have you got a question about our International Driving School, about the driving lessons, theory test or anything else? Take a look at our Questions & Answers page.