Accompanied Driving & Refresher Sessions
Would you like a little bit of help with driving in The Netherlands? That is where this Accompanied Driving and Refresher Course comes in! These sessions are open to those of 18 years of age and older, holding a full & valid foreign or Dutch driving licence. The purpose of these sessions is not only to brush up on your driving and to regain your confidence, but also to become familiar with the quite complex Dutch driving and road conditions. During these sessions you will be made familiar with:
- joining, following & leaving trunk roads and motorways
- in town driving aspects, with all the rules explained
- the rules about trams, mopeds, cycles & pedestrians
- the Dutch speed limits & the strict penalty system
- the specific Dutch traffic signs & road markings
- the rules regarding entrance/exit constructions
- the applicable priority regulations
- the behaviour at roundabouts
Choose our or your own car
Our accompanied driving sessions can be taken in one of our automatic or manual cars. You may also request to take these sessions in your own private, company/lease automatic or manual car. These sessions will be given in our dual-control equipped cars, VW Touran 2.0 Tdi with a 6 speed gearbox or in a car with an automatic gearbox, with one of our partners in business, depending on your requests and our availability.
The Conditions for using your own car
- You must be in possession of a valid driving licence for driving in The Netherlands. This means that you must be within the 185 day period after having becoming a resident with your local (district) council or you are the holder of a full valid national driving licence issued by one of the member states of the EU/EEA or Switzerland;
- International Driving Licenses and / or Permits are not valid for driving in The Netherlands after you have become a resident; these are only for tourists & visitors to this country and are only valid if the holder is also in the possession of a full & valid national driving licence;
- Proof of full vehicle and passenger insurance coverage can be shown;
- Additional, removable, inside suction mirrors might have to be equipped to your vehicle (provided by us);
- Additional left & right door mirrors, enabling the instructor to see sufficiently behind/next to your vehicle, might be needed (provided by us).
All fees listed below are for using your or our cars and are based on a pick-up & drop-off at the Amsterdam Sloterdijk Station at the Piarco Plein / P+R Sloterdijk Station exit. For other venues there is a surcharge of € 1,25 per additional kilometre for using either your or our own cars measured from Amsterdam Sloterdijk Station on a round-trip basis. Such charges will be billed separately and are due in full at the end of your session(s). All fees include 21% VAT.
- One session of 60 minutes € 59,95
- One session of 90 minutes € 89,95
- One session of 120 minutes € 119,90
- One session of 150 minutes € 148,75
- More than one session of 300 minutes in total, including the Highway Code online in English for two weeks € 325,00